Amrabat reveals Man Utd star was ‘not injured’ for FA Cup final amid reports Al-Nassr will pay £85m

Man Utd midfielder Casemiro was fit for the FA Cup final but chose to miss out after learning he wouldn t be starting, according to Sofyan Amrabat s brother.

The Brazilian has struggled with injury and form this season and he was even deployed out of position at centre-back for a few matches towards the end of the season.

Casemiro s poor displays for led to Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher calling for him to call it a day at the top level and leave for Major League Soccer or the Saudi Pro League.

Carragher said at the beginning of May: I think Casemiro should know tonight that he should only have another three games left at the top level. The next two league games and the cup final, then he should be thinking, I need to go to the MLS or Saudi.

This has…

‘Bellingham writes his own script’: Southgate waxes lyrical after England edge past Serbia

Gareth Southgate was high in praise of Trent Alexander-Arnold and Jude Bellingham after England beat Serbia 1-0 on Sunday.

England kicked off their Euro 2024 campaign with a win over Serbia in Gelsenkirchen, with Bellingham scoring the only goal of the game after 13 minutes.

It was a superb first-half performance from Southgate s men before an improved Serbia side gave the Three Lions something to think about.

Bellingham was rightly named Player of the Match after an outstanding performance, particularly in the opening 45 minutes.

MORE ON ENGLAND FROM F365
👉 
👉 

Speaking after the game, Southgate admitted that England being forced to suffer in the night was actually a really good thing .

England boss Southgate: Bellingham w…

England teen ‘relishing’ Euro 2024 opportunity as reports suggest Man Utd man will start v Slovakia

Kobbie Mainoo says he is ready to shine for England against Slovakia if Gareth Southgate starts him in the Three Lions  Euro 2024 last-16 clash with Slovakia.

The Manchester United midfielder caught the eye after coming off the bench at half-time in the goalless draw with Slovenia last week – a result which was enough to see England top Group C.

With Trent Alexander-Arnold and Conor Gallagher having already started alongside Declan Rice in the middle of the pitch at the Euros, .

The 19-year-old enjoyed a fine breakthrough season at Old Trafford, culminating in what proved to be the decisive goal in the FA Cup final win over Manchester City.

MORE ON EURO 2024 FROM F365
👉 
👉 
👉

Starting a knockout game for England, tho…

‘I have a feeling’ – Wayne Rooney predicts England hero v Spain in Euro 2024 final

Relationship with Phil Foden

Rooney added: He really understands the game. He’s always in the right position and he doesn’t just stay in the middle of the pitch. In possession he goes forward or wide and creates overloads. His relationship with Phil Foden has been important. They play off each other and have the same bravery to take the ball.

They understand each other’s movements — when Phil drops in, Kobbie will run off him and go forward. I just have a feeling about Mainoo and the final. That he is going to score and prove decisive.

If you think of him in the tournament, he has got into good positions going forward and I think Spain will do their homework and close off space for Harry Kane, Foden, Bukayo Saka and Jude Bellingham. But that will leave space…

Man Utd transfers: Ten Hag given fresh hope as Everton snare potential successor to top target

Manchester United may have been given hope that Everton will allow Jarrad Branthwaite to leave, as Fabrizio Romano has confirmed the Toffees have signed centre-back Jake O Brien.

United s interest in a number of centre-backs has been well reported this summer. Indeed, they lost four-time Champions League winner Raphael Varane on a free transfer, and are eager to ensure he is replaced well.

Leny Yoro has been signed from Lille, with United beating Real Madrid to that signing, and Matthijs de Ligt and Branthwaite remain on the radar.

And United might have hope that the latter could become available, despite the fact Everton have rejected two bids from the Premier League giants, as they are well on their way to signing a new man in his position.

MORE ON MAN…

Aston Villa signing of former Man Utd man made easier by club’s desire to land Diego Carlos

Aston Villa could be given a simpler route than most for Andreas Pereira, as his club, Fulham, want to sign Villa defender Diego Carlos this summer.

Villa have been very active in the summer transfer window so far. Unai Emery guided his club to the Champions League for the first time, with a fourth-placed Premier League finish, and wants his squad to be able to challenge in Europe.

Ian Maatsen and Amadou Onana are among the big transfers made so far.

And that Fulham man Pereira is on the radar of the Villans this summer, with admiration for the attacking-midfielder having gone up a notch since the end of last season.

Pereira was directly involved in 10 Premier League goals last term, and also has Chelsea and Marseille courting him.

The report st…

Chelsea: Ornstein reveals Sterling transfer ‘preference’ with ’20 players training apart’

According to reports, Chelsea outcast Raheem Sterling has decided his transfer preference amid interest from Premier League rivals Aston Villa.

has been unable to live up to expectations following his £47.5m move from Manchester City to Chelsea during the 2022 summer transfer window.

The England international has been heavily linked with a move elsewhere this summer and transfer talk has ramped up in recent days.

The 29-year-old was omitted from s squad to face Manchester City on Sunday. Before kick-off, a statement released on behalf of the forward demanded clarity on his situation at Stamford Bridge.

This has alerted the attention of clubs around Europe and

“The last thing interestingly that I’ve heard which surprised me is that Aston Vil…

Chelsea transfer ‘back on’ as Ipswich ‘renegotiation’ reaches ‘advanced’ stage with ‘parties optimistic’

According to reports, Armando Broja s proposed move from Premier League giants Chelsea to rivals Ipswich Town is back on and at an advanced stage.

Broja was always likely to leave this summer after he endured an unsuccessful loan spell at Fulham last season. He failed to score in his eight Premier League appearances for the Cottagers.

Following their promotion to the Premier League, Ipswich have been very active in the transfer market and their priority on deadline day is to sign a new striker.

Earlier this month,.

However, with Ipswich becoming increasingly desperate,

READ:

Journalist Ben Jacobs has since revealed that Ipswich and Chelsea are in advanced talks over Broja.

He said: Ipswich and Chelsea are now in advanced talks for…

Real Madrid identify’ ‘two clear Ancelotti replacements’ in Man Utd blow as ‘succession plan’ surfaces

According to reports, Real Madrid are hatching a succession plan as they are scouring the market for a manager to replace veteran boss Carlo Ancelotti.

The respected Italian manager s second spell as boss started ahead of the 2021/22 campaign as he left Premier League side Everton to secure a return to the Spanish giants.

s second stint at Real Madrid has been an immense success as he has helped them win the Champions League and La Liga twice.

Real Madrid have endured a disappointing start to the 2023/24 La Liga campaign as they have two wins and two draws.

The 65-year-old is gradually reaching the end of his managerial career and it remains to be seen when he will leave Real Madrid.

His current contract is due to expire in 2026 and a report in…

Dyche sack? Everton ‘make huge Moyes decision’ with ex-Chelsea boss ‘discussed’ as an alternative

A report has revealed Everton s stance on re-appointing David Moyes, while former Chelsea head coach Graham Potter has also been discussed .

appointed Dyche to replace Frank Lampard at the start of 2023 and he has guided them to Premier League safety in two straight seasons.

was lauded at times last season as he kept Everton in the Premier League after they were docked points for breaching Profit and Sustainability rules.

A lot is going on at Everton at the moment. They are in their last season at Goodison Park and are in the process of being taken over, with prospective buyer John Textor in talks with club chiefs.

On the pitch, the Toffees have endured a miserable start to the 2024/25 campaign as they have lost their opening four Premier League games.